People's United Online Privacy Statement
At People's United, we know how important it is to protect the confidentiality of the information our customers and web site visitors provide us online. This notice is being provided to you by People’s United Bank, N.A. and People’s Securities, Inc., a registered broker dealer referred to collectively in this policy as People’s United. We have described below our practices that protect your online privacy.
In addition, People's United maintains appropriate security standards and procedures regarding unauthorized access to customer information. See Security
Access to your personal information is restricted to only those employees who need to have it for legitimate business purposes such as providing you products or services.
What information is collected about my online activity?
You provide personal information about yourself to People's United when you:
- Use any of our People's United Online services or apply online for any products and services;
- Use any of the financial tools, calculators or questionnaires on our web site;
- Communicate with us via Internet e-mail or forms on our web site.
We also collect information about you or your online activities in the following ways:
- When you browse our site, Non-personal information about you is recorded by People's United Internet servers and/or approved third party analytics services. This information is used primarily to provide an enhanced online experience. Information tracked may include, but is not limited to the type of operating system in use [e.g. iOS, Windows] and the domain name and the type of browser being used [e.g. Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.]. This information may be used for site activity analytics and threat monitoring purposes, but only in aggregate and non-personally-identifiable form. E-mail addresses and other personally identifiable data about visitors to this site are known only when voluntarily submitted.
- Cookies - We use "Cookies" on our web site to monitor and manage your online banking and trading sessions. Cookies are lines of text that are transmitted to your web browser when you click on a link. Your browser stores the information on your hard drive and when you return to that site later, the cookie is transmitted back to the server that originally sent it to you. Cookies provide a way for a server to recall a previous request from a particular web browser. The cookies People's United uses are for site management purposes and do not contain any sensitive information such as your password or account number. We do not share information collected by using cookies, except as permitted by law.
- Pixel Tags - Clear GIFs, pixel tags or web beacons, which are typically one-pixel, transparent images located on a webpage, or similar technologies may be used on our sites. They may also be used when you are served advertisements or you otherwise interact with advertisements outside of our online services. These are principally used to help recognize users, assess traffic patterns, target products and services, and measure site or campaign engagement.
Can I prevent having my information collected online?
The personal information that you provide to us online is given voluntarily when you use our email forms or our online transaction and account information systems. You cannot prevent your information from being collected when conducting these types of transactions.
How does People's United use my online information?
In the normal course of business, People's United may use your information to provide you with products and services you have requested. We may use information to positively identify you, to communicate with you, to help us respond to your questions, and to understand which People's United Bank or People’s Securities, Inc. products and services we think may be of interest to you.
Information that People's United collects about you online will be used in the same manner as we would use information about you that we collect in other ways, such as when you fill out an application in person or over the telephone. To learn more about People's United Privacy Practices, read our Privacy Notice.
We may share the information we collect from and about you with our affiliates and other third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Third-party service providers;
- Affiliated businesses in an effort to bring you improved service across our family of products and services, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations;
- Other companies to bring you co-branded services, products or programs;
Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your information in accordance with the choices you have provided us in response to our Privacy Notice.
We may share anonymous or aggregated information with third parties to help deliver products, services, and content tailored to the users of our online services and for other purposes.
Can I "opt out" of having nonpublic personal information shared?
If you are a People's United customer, you will receive an annual copy of our Privacy Notice, which describes the information we collect and may share. The Privacy Notice includes Opt-Out Directions to follow if you choose not to have us share your collected information with affiliates or with non-affiliates, except as allowed by law. You may opt out by either calling or by mailing the Opt-Out Form to the address shown in the Directions.
If you are not a People's United customer, we do not share information collected online from you, except as permitted by law.
Can I update or correct information gathered about me online?
Information specific to any of your account relationships or financial services can be updated or changed at your request. To contact us regarding corrections to your account information, call or write to us at the telephone number or address listed on your account statement.
Linking to Third-Party Websites
Last Updated 12/1/2016